iPhone 5 Won't Boot

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chazz08, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5 won't turn back on. It just stays on the black screen and won't start. When I plug it in it says it's in recovery mode. How can I get out of this without erasing my phone?

2. Chazz08 thread starter macrumors 6502

I fixed it! What I did was very unconventional and some would say stupid, but it worked. I clicked the restore button and when the OS was downloaded and started to restore, I unplugged my phone. It was just the Apple logo, and I thought in my head, well, I lost almost everything already. (I had an iCloud backup from yesterday, I just needed some of the stuff from today! haha.) The Apple logo stayed on for awhile and I pushed the power and home buttons. I don't know if those did anything because my power button has been messing up lately, so sometimes it doesn't actually press. The phone went back off like before and I was a little scared. Then I pushed the power button again and the iTunes logo came up with the USB plugin. It looked iOS 7ish, (I'm running Beta 4), so I had hope! I downloaded Recboot and turned it on. Then I clicked "Exit Recovery" and after about a minute my phone was booting up normally! I am SO lucky. If this ever happens so someone else, maybe this will help.

3. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser