iPhone 5 Won't Email Pictures via Cell Network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Having issues trying to get my iPhone 5 send email picture files over my cell network (AT&T). Works fine over WiFi, but using the cell network it shows it's trying to send, then just goes to the Outbox where an error message says the outgoing server failed. I've tried rebooting the phone, with no changes.

I'd appreciate any help.

2. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I should also note that I don't have any problems emailing pictures from my iPad. And the email settings are the same as on my iPhone 5.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I forgot to say that the issue is over AT&T's 4G network on my iPhone 5 and it doesn't seem to matter how small the picture files are, they just won't send. I'm not sure if it's an iPhone 5 issue or AT&T is to blame.

Am I the only one having this problem?

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Spent over an hour with an AT&T rep over this issue. It seems to be resolved, but can take as long as 5 minutes for even a small (34 KB) picture file to email over their 4G network. This still seems off to me considering I'm consistently getting around 6 Mbps download speeds over their network.