iPhone 5 won't realise people have iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apollo1444, Dec 30, 2012.

1. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Jul 22, 2011
    i'm from mexico just came back from orlando using at&t on roaming then come home with my regular provider or wifi and now my iphone won't realise others have imessage no matter if i use phone numbers or apple id's they have to message me first in order for it to work!

dunno if it sounds confusing say i want to imessage someone who has imessage the globes won't go blue they'll stick to green ! after they text me then they'll go blue and stay that way but if i open another convo with another friend they'll still be green! (knowing the fact that they have imessage activated and crap) even with apple ids!! it's so frustrating

i already tried disabling and enabling imessage, hard reset and every **** in the book I even restored as a new phone wtf is going on? please help i'm desperate!! :confused::(:(:(
  2. hafr macrumors 68030

Sep 21, 2011
    I had the same problem and found it very frustrating, then I realised some of my friends' iMessage didn't work with their phone numbers and that when they replied and iMessage "started working", it was actually their e-mail address being used.

Could that be what's wrong? Have you tried texting your friends' Apple ID-e-mail addresses?