iPhone 5 won't receive phone calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amrabari, Oct 5, 2014.

1. amrabari macrumors member

i have an iPhone 5 but since 2 weeks people are saying that they are calling me but my phone keeps ringing but i don't get any notifications or anything .. so from the caller side it keeps ringing like i am not answering the phone call, but from my side i don't get anything like no body called (no ringing, miss call or even notification that someone called me). however i can make calls like there is no any problem in my phone.

i think this started before upgrading to iOS 8 but then i upgrade and still the same, but is worse, this problem keep happening more often.

now my phone is up to date, but this problem is killing me because people start be angry from me.

when i restart the phone the problem goes away and i can get calls but then i keep asking my wife to call me so i can know when the problem come back.

i also did reset network setting but still the same .. it works fine first then the problem came back ..

anyone have a solution for this problem please??

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Time to do a restore:
    1) Backup your phone
    2) do a restore, and set up your phone as a new phone, then restore your backup
    3) check to see if the problem goes away...may be days to check, if not:
    4) do a restore, setup the phone as a new phone
    5) use something like iexplorer to restore what you need from your backup to your new profile.

* when you make a backup of your new profile, name the phone something else so you can be sure you don't wipe your backup out.

if that does not work, your phone needs to go into apple to be checked.

3. amrabari thread starter macrumors member

i did factory reset and then did a back up from iTunes but still the same .. so now i have to power off the iPhone every day so i can keep receiving phone calls ..

if i go to Apple store can i get a replace for the phone? i don't have Apple care