iPhone 5 won't turn off the screen while playing and charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by .wojtek, Jun 5, 2014.

1. .wojtek macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    So I have similar problem to the one described here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1104002 but didn't want to dig up old topic.

Anyhow - I have a really odd issue which I think wasn't present when I first got iPhone with ios6 - namely when I connect iPhone with my car it nicely starts playing music and charging (yay) but... the screen doesn't completely turns off but rather only dimms which is a bit annoying, because it turns out that it still takes more power than it get from charing hence after the drive the battery level is somewhat lower than it was before (and I loved it that I didn't had to worry about charging iPhone ever because drive to work was sufficient to have it charged all the time).

I looked through the forums and setting but didn't find any option like "turn screen off completely with charging, d'oh", any ideas? having to remember to manually turn it off after plugging it in to my car audio system is a bit of a chore...

2. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Contrary to the thread you mentioned, it is completely normal for the screen to dim but not turn off when playing music while charging. It's been like this for as long as I can remember (iOS 3.0+, not exactly sure). The only way to turn the screen completely off is to do it manually by pressing the sleep/wake button.