iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdamRock, Oct 30, 2010.

1. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

so i was planning on getting the iphone 4 but then i remembered that apple updates their products once a year, so i could wait till next summer or something for the iphone 5 but what would they add?

looking at the features of it it looks like everythings already included in the iphone 4

so should i wait or should i just buy it??

2. blacka4 macrumors 6502

if you wait for the next best thing you are going to be waiting for ever. Just go out and buy it

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

4 months since iPhone 4 released. 8 months or so until iPhone 5 released. Just wait the approximately 20 months and you can score the iPhone 6.

4. Scippy macrumors regular

I agree. If you want to get an iPhone, get it and enjoy it. Stop worrying about what will come out in six months.

5. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Yep, and while your at it you can wait for the exclusive Virgin Mobile iPhone to come out. :rolleyes:

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Or wait 32 months and get the iPhone 7!!!
    Better yet, wait 44 months and get the iPhone 8.
    Don't wait for the iPhone 9 though, I hear it has issues with the 3D projector.

7. AdamRock thread starter macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

your all implying i will get the next iphone.

i plan on keeping my iphone around 4 years before upgrading so thats why i ask.

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

In that case you'll probably find my advice the most helpful

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

10. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I presume you treat your phones like babies.

I think in general most people keep their phones for 3 years at the most. That's why phone companies always feel the pressure to release their best and latest every 3 months. Apple, as you mentioned, releases their phones every year. So, if you're ready to purchase, buy the 4 and keep it for the 4 years you plan on keeping it.

But regardless of whether you get the 4 or the 5 you're gonna be behind on times when the next one comes out. The iPhone 4 is excellent; you won't be disappointed, whether you get the 4 or the 5.

Good luck with your decision.

11. bajaracing macrumors member

I have 3gs, glad i skipped ip4, definatly getting ip5.. I just hope v5 doesn't have a glass back...