iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tonethestone, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Tonethestone macrumors newbie

hi,
    im getting offered a new iphone 4 & contract (i currently have 3gs) from O2, my contract expires in June and im wondering if its worth holding off and waiting until June, does anyone know if there are any plans for iphone 5 to be released nxt yr?

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

No one outside of Cupertino REALLY knows for sure. However, the usual pattern of Apple refreshing the iPhone calls for the next model to be released in June, 2011. Assuming they stick to their previous update pattern, this is a logical guess.

3. FSMBP, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Apple has released a new iPhone every June/July since 2007. It's safe to say they will do it again in 2011.

Cellphone tech changes fast, so I expect yearly releases for a looonnng time.

4. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

I want to wait, but the 3G I have is starting to really get old. From rumors I've read, the i5 should be totally different.

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It's really hard to say...Look at what Apple did with the iPhone 3. They did a relatively slight bump from the 3g to the 3gs.
    Will they follow that pattern, or will they do what they did from the 2 to the 3? At this point, it's really all guesswork.

6. Tonethestone thread starter macrumors newbie