iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SamThe4th, Jul 31, 2011.

1. SamThe4th macrumors newbie

Has anyone else seen this??

Attached Files:

2. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Haven't all the new case designs shown that the Mute switch will be on the other side?

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That could be the dedicated camera button that is rumoured to be on the next iPhone.

And no, I haven't seen this but it does look interesting. Though I don't like the fact that the home button appears capacitive rather than physical.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Dedicated camera button that is rumored?? Why would they add a dedicated camera button, 1) when Apple is trying to get rid of things, 2) they added the camera button to iOS5 lock screen, and you can use the volume up button as the shutter button.

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

For number 2 they did that for the previous iPhones, doesn't mean they're not going to give the next iPhone a separate button for that.

6. Agent-P, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I saw the implementation of the volume up for camera shutter as a temporary solution for iPhone 4 owners until a real camera button is added (similar to how the camera flash is being used as a notification light until a real notification light is probably going to be added).

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Why would Apple add another button though when you get the same thing done with a button currently there. Its not like Apple, they are the ones to take everything away to make sleeker devices, not add something that can be achieved else where. just my opinion.

9. illini71 macrumors member

From the looks of the case, the iphone 5 back will look like the ipad 2's back. It might be a aluminium back. JMO

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

Apple didn't anticipate just how popular the camera was going to be on the iPhone 4.

Say you want to take a picture of something very quickly. Which would be easier and quicker?

Double clicking the home button and tapping the camera icon to open the camera app?

or

Pressing one button on the side that immediately opens the camera app, wherever you are?

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Aww, you beat me to my reply. This was basically the point I was gonna make.

12. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

That image has been around for ages and looks to be a guess as to what the iPhone 4 would have looked like. Note the 3GS rocker volume switch. Old news.

13. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

It's ominous how similar this mock up looks like the shape of the new cases though. It's got a bigger screen, a tear drop shape...the works haha

14. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

15. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

16. whawhat macrumors 6502

def. think it will be a metal back too.

17. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

Capacitive buttons on the android phones I've used have been pretty sad. Unless Apple made huge improvements - which they might have - I doubt it'll be good for me.