iPhone 5?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iveg2gpp, Aug 10, 2010.

1. iveg2gpp Guest

So I know this is a "rumors" site, but I have to ask..

Are all of these "rumors" of a new and improved iPhone 5 in January true??

I have heard all speculation from ATT employees and Apple employees that the white iPhone was held from release so they could fix the antenna issues etc..

ALSO I have read that there is a Verizon version on the way?...with a METAL back!?

Sorry to continue speculation, just wondering if anyone has heard the same?

2. billycuth macrumors 6502a

They are all true except for the January part. It is actually coming out next week. How do I know? Stevie and I are TIIIGHHHT.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That is just what it is, rumors and speculations, no different from the same rummors and expectations about VZW iPhone for the past 2 or 3 years.

Personally (IMO), No, It won't happen, no revision until the summer. I think next iphone would be HSPA+ and it will be on T-mobile as well. No VZW iPhone until iPhone6 (LTE). again.... this is what I think...no based on any fact, or insider information at all.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

a) there are stories on the front page that answer your questions.
    b) there are several threads on this forum that answer your questions.

5. iveg2gpp thread starter Guest

Sorry to bother you..

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

May want to read up on the definition of a "rumor"

7. iveg2gpp thread starter Guest

Good Joke..

May want to read up on the definition of "funny" and/or "personality"..

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. ;)

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

he's not trying to be funny... he's right... i was gonna post a reply as well, which probably would have been a little harsher, but someone beat me to it.

10. iveg2gpp thread starter Guest

Lets hear what youve got to say..

Love how people get so tough on mac forums, even when people are just asking a question..

Go back to your cubicle, break time is over pal..

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

There seriously are dozens of threads on this already. If past apple releases have taught us anything it is that we don't know crap until they actually tell us.

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm telecommuting. From my home office.

Apple has yet to intro a new iPhone in January. If they do it now, it will disrupt their typical summer release cycle. That cycle seems to have worked fine over 4 launches. They have the September new iPod cycle... that's worked well over 10 years now... why would they change to release a new iPhone in January?

It is more likely that we'll finally see a white iPhone in November (just in time for Christmas). If you wanna call that a 'launch', that's close to January, yes?

Personally, I am thinking that when they finally bring iPhone to Verizon (end of 2012), they might launch it in January 2013. It won't be a new model, other than the fact that it'll run on Verizon's network. Maybe they'll have some new color or some such... but not a whole new, different-looking phone.

That's unlikely.

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Let us all bear in mind that back in June, when there was no white iPhone at launch, I predicted end of September to October at the EARLIEST before we saw one. I've not been wrong on that one. :)

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh the hypocrisy. You posted something that can be easily found in several threads being discussed and also on the front page of the site. When these things are pointed out to you rather than say thanks for helping me find out the info I wanted - you decide to be rather jerky about it. And on top of being jerky, you criticize others?

"Love how people get so tough on mac forums" - Yeah. Me too. Perhaps you should be looking in the mirror LOL

15. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

16. samcraig macrumors P6

That's already on Boost Mobile!

17. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

:eek:

18. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I used to live in a nice neighborhood. Then the other day I am driving down the street and what do I see? A boost mobile/metro pcs/cricket wireless all on the same corner.

19. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Where you at??

20. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i'm not getting all tough, i just want you to answer one question:

if somethings a rumor.. how could there be any truth to it? use some common sense

21. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

It'll more like be an iPhone 4V or something, a Verizon version of the iPhone 4. The hardware and/or design would likely change because the current iPhone 4 has the chips packed pretty tightly and a CDMA compatible chip would differ greatly in size and shape.

22. iveg2gpp thread starter Guest

Just wondering since there has been so much speculation on this "rumor" is there some truth to it..

Thats all..

Maybe someone in here knows something I do not, considering I got my iphone 4 on launch day, and had continuing issues that pushed me back to my blackberry, I was wondering if anyone had any insight..

I guess ill stick with my iPad until some "truth" comes about..

23. Knoxville3G macrumors member

24. lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

iPhone 4 is non-serviceable

Add me to the iPhone 5 waiting list, because I'm done with the iPhone 4.

I am a service technician and I simply cannot recommend anything that's non-serviceable, which is the case with the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is strategically designed so that you buy a new one in the event that is is damaged and it is easily damaged.
    • Glass on both sides?
    • Drop.
    • Crack.
    • $199.
    When it comes to parts and labor, an independent repair shop can't do much better either since a screen repair called for a replacement of the entire front assembly- a part that is hand assembled from used parts, in a factory from china and currently boasts a price tag of $125 on eBay from China.

See, unlike the iPhone 3G/3GS, Apple went back to their devious ways of the iPhone 2G design- you can't replace the cracked glass because Apple, in an unprecedented move to stop service technicians from profiting off iPhone repairs, bonded the touch screen to the LCD and midframe.

Don't forget labor. Nobody works for free. I have personally done this repair and it is not worth my time because the entire iPhone has to be completely disassembled. Experienced Apple technicians can do this but their time is worth more than $50 and that's the max you can charge for this repair, because any higher and you could buy a new phone. However, there are those that will take a crack at it, but they might break it even worse.

This is exactly what Apple wants: A non-serviceable product that you throw in the landfill and have to buy another. Apple simply is not going to redesign the iPhone 4, so I will stick with my 3Gs and hopefully they will clean up their act with iPhone 5.

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I dunno that I'd call it "devious." Plenty of electronics devices are set up to cost a fortune to repair. It's one of those things where they sacrifice ease of repair/replacement for a certain design aesthetic.

Me, I'd say why not go out and buy an Otterbox? Not likely to break in one of those. The phone works fine.