iPhone 5c 16gb Asurion Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dtmccray, May 11, 2015.

1. dtmccray macrumors newbie

I recently just filed a claim with Asurion to see if I can get my 5c replaced after it was damaged. Since the iPhone 5c 16gb is no longer available, what would my replacement be? the iPhone 5s?

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

There are refurbished 16GBs available for just this purpose.

3. ipooed, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

No you would get a brand new 5s depending on the carrier you are with, my wife's sister currently works for Asurion in Moncton, NB

Different carriers have different policies.

4. dtmccray thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Verizon.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I guess at best there's a possibility that you might get a different model as a replacement, but without any specific hard information as to the likelihood, it's just a possibility that can't really be expected. So, most likely you'll get the same model back, with a small (short of actual good evidence to really show otherwise) possibly that it might be a different model.

6. ipooed, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

Just asked her waiting on a response, shouldnt be long will update when I hear back

Update: if the 16GB 5c is not in stock, they cannot downgrade you to an 8GB also they have to replace it with the same color (make sure you are adamant about this)

Taking into account if there are no 5c in stock in the same color you have and the same size, you will recive the next model up same capacity, unless that is out of stock too then you will be bumped to the 32GB etc etc.

Good luck, hopefully for your sake the 5c is out of stock

Also my bad on the refurbished, most likely the phone you will get will be refurbished...