iPhone 5c almost 1 year later

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adelphos33, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

I've spent almost a year with the yellow iPhone 5c, 32G

A few observations

1) I've seen more and more 5c models on the streets both here in NYC and abroad in my travels
    2) There hasn't been anything I wanted to do on my 5c that I wasn't able to do because I had a 5c (the apps that take full advantage of the 5s do not appear to have materialized yet)
    3) The yellow color is eyegrabbing

The 5c is a very good phone in its own right. However, the price and product difference between the two phones was so small that I'm not sure the product made sense. Still I'm happy with my phone.

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

The iPhone 5c is a great product. I do believe that the price point was definitely wrong, but it is still a good device.

I bought a white 5c and a blue 5c on launch back in September. My white 5c got retired by Apple because I was having a ton if issues therefore, they upgraded me to the 5s. However my fiancee's blue 5c is still the one from launch and she has yet to have a single issue out of it.

I do miss the feel of the 5c. The iPhone 5s is nice as well I do like my 5s, but I do miss the 5c in the sense of the feel of the hand.

3. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Had a 5c but hated it due to how slippery it was. VERY slippery.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I do love the plastic feel of the 5c and loved my pink 5c. I've seen a ton of 5c's around here and also recently while I was on vacation. It's mostly women/girls with the pink iPhone that I see.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if the 5c had the same internals as the 5s and included touch id, i would have wanted the plastic body instead, even if it cost the same. i love the look and the feel.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Wear latex gloves.

7. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Logical eh?

8. jhtrico1850 macrumors regular

I like my fingerprint sensor and better camera and photos :) Gratz on the 5c though.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I see far more 5c's that 5s's here in the UK, but then again I think the UK is one of the markets which the 5c is doing the best in. Even though it's not much cheaper, it is cheaper, so people buy it.

10. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

How about scratches? I'm really interested to see some photos of 5c's that have been used for a year (without case). I fear that the plastic gets scuffs around the edges and other marks will appear on the backside. Is it that bad?

I like the 5c for its colors and its round corners, cold aluminum feels a bit more high quality though.

11. mr99 macrumors 6502a

They DO scratch easily.

12. johndoe588 macrumors regular

I feel almost exactly the same way, except the cost (should be a little cheaper for plastic). Yes my 5 is nice in its glass and aluminum elegance but if I had a choice I'd take the c body.

13. phillymacuser macrumors member

I recently got a 32gb iPhone 5c and I am completely happy with it! I upgraded from a 4s and as said before it does everything I have needed. I upgraded when Verizon offered if for free so it really worked out well for me. It is a bit slippery but I use a case with a clear back so the color is still visible. Its a great phone with some character!

14. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

You're holding it wrong. ;)

:apple:

----------

I debated getting one but I'm glad I didn't.

I got the 5S and I use the fingerprint thing every 5 minutes and it actually saves me a lot of time.

15. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Logging into the 5s is super fast with touch ID :)