iPhone 5C and SIRI

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jparker402, Jun 9, 2016.

1. jparker402 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 5C and right now have ios 9.3.2 loaded. A couple ios iterations ago I could ask SIRI what song was playing on the radio, and I would get an answer complete with who wrote it and where I might buy it. Somewhere around 9.3, SIRI developed the dumbs. SIRI is no longer familiar with any song, including Jingle Bells. I did try another app that was supposed to recognize music, but the information provided was not near as complete as what SIRI used to provide. What has happened? Will it be corrected?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe Siri uses Shazam for that kind of thing. As far as I know that still works (based on some threads I've come across about that kind of thing not that long ago, as I don't generally use that feature).

3. jparker402 thread starter macrumors member

Alas! After SIRI quit I looked for an ap that would do the music identification. Tried Shazam. Not as good; doesn't identify as much info. I deleted it.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Strange that Siri stopped doing it, and strange that Shazam didn't do the job as well given that Siri uses it for those purposes. Alternatively you might try SoundHound.