iPhone 5c attempted to send text to Android using iMessage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wwusa, Oct 3, 2014.

1. wwusa macrumors newbie

Used Siri dictation to send a test to my sister who is on android. She has never had an iphone. Upon confirming to send I immediately got an failure notice on imessage (blue). I opened up messages and attempted to resend. It reverted to a regular text (green) and went through. Shouldn't my iphone or siri know that its trying to send to a non imessage device? Seems pretty quirky? Also upon resending it didn't prompt me to send a text message it just reverted automatically. Ive also had other people on iphone send me messages that were "delivered" on their end, but I never received. Any insight is appreciated.

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

The individual could have tried the iMessage hack on their phone. By default your phone will try blue first, but that should only be a few milliseconds, not long enough for you to see. After the first message, it should continue in the green.
    Another possibility is that phone number was associated with an iPhone account in the past.