Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Doesn't surprise me. Companies design cases based on rumors/leaks all the time. Remember this case "leak" for the iPhone 5?

I loved this "leak". When the rumors that "case mate" jumped on board and started producing cases, I was convinced that this was the new iPhone 5. And I was REALLY disappointed when I saw the 4S at the keynote.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I think it will be Retina, however, it will probably be a slower processor, NON-LTE (HSPA+ only), and will lack a couple of other things.

Will it canibalise on 5s sales? of course, just like the mini did to the iPad, but should also open up doors to people who woulnd't even consider an iPhone otherwise, so the net result is positive

No LTE, is this 2008? :eek::D

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
When iPhone C comes out, I will gladly throw away my laggy :eek:Samsung Galaxy Ace from the balcony of my house and then maybe burn it with acid:mad:

Me too. I bought Samsung phone because it was cheap at the time, and I thought it would be good enough. Well, it's crappy. Also never had any software or security update from Samsung. If only I could buy an Apple iPhone for a reasonable price. Currently, iPhone 4 8GB costs 388 Euro full price. I doubt this iPhone 5C will be much cheaper, even though it's plastic. @ 350 Euro for 16GB I will probably buy it, but will Apple do that when an iPod touch 32GB costs 319 Euro? Let's hope Apple will surprise us like when they did introducing the first iPad.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
No LTE, is this 2008? :eek::D

Nexus 4 did not have LTE, the nerds and geeks were up in arms about it, and vowed not to buy it, yet it sold like hot cakes.

With the exception of AT&T and Verizon, LTE coverage is a joke in the states. Sprint? T-Mo? not even close.

And like I said in my former post, if it's targeted to emerging, and prepaid crowds, then I'm sure lack of LTE will not prevent them from picking it up. HSPA+ has spees of upto 21Mbps, good enough.

tyson12zoll

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2003
This Amazon.com review made men laugh:

"All I know is that it fits my non-existant iPhone 5C perfectly.

The only problem is that with this case I have no signal. Also the iPhone it fits is extraordinarily difficult to use with this case because it doesn't exist yet."

j.applewood

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
...That awkward moment when no one can tell which is 5S and which is 5C, because everyone uses the same sh** plastic case...

Canyonero

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
This 5C is such a genius move! If you think about it. It will completely refresh the iPhone line. Why hasn't there been a premium product and a less premium basic product like with every other Apple product before? People who say this is to simply get more money in the bank are so wrong. This will unify the whole product line, get rid of those 3.5" screens, simplify the offering and offer more choice than just the old model vs. new model. Genius move!

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
And I saw an "iPhone 5G" case on eBay.

----------

cRaZy!!!!!!! :eek:

What is it with iPhone lovers and plastic. Is it like your arch enemy or something? Hope you ya'll didn't have some Apple products before that were plastic...iBooks...PowerMac G4/G3...Apple mice...

I have a plastic 2006 MacBook. It's covered in scratches and small cracks.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Apple isn't making the cases. They probably won't even make anything for this and let the 3rd party people deal with it.

But it is hilarious...plastic on plastic.

Get a bestskinsever and be done with it.

I didn't think I had to mention it but I was fully aware this wasn't from Apple :p

Now that I think about it though, people do cover their plastic android phones with plastic so maybe I'm not really one to judge...? It still rubs me the wrong way though. Understandable if you want a different color than the stock colors but otherwise it's you're just protecting plastic with plastic. I guess this goes to show how we value an iPhone compared to other phones; iPhone plastic > any other plastic phone or plastic case.

eyehop

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
I don't understand the obsession with cases for phones in general, but especially here. Why put a plastic shell over a plastic shell?:confused:

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
I don't understand the obsession with cases for phones in general, but especially here. Why put a plastic shell over a plastic shell?:confused:

To protect the phone from scratches, so that it have a higher resale value.

:confused:

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Wow, a lotta people on here seem to have a plasto-phobia...
Fans of the company that spearheaded the use of aluminum enclosures to set their products apart from the competition are probably likely candidates for plastophobia, yes. Because they remember all those times when they scoffed at any product that wasn't made out of metal and glass, and now they have to do a 180 and say that plastic is fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.