iPhone 5C charging fast - Too fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamvogue, Mar 15, 2014.

1. iamvogue macrumors newbie

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I'm on iPhone 5C, and I've been discovering that the iPhone 5C is charging rather quickly, no I'm not complaining at all but I just wish to know if you all face the same thing as I am? It charges 2-3 percent every 3 to 4 minutes.:)

2. Katmiku macrumors newbie

You could say it charges lightning fast

It's normal, my sister's 5c does the same.

3. iamvogue thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for your prompt reply! :) It sure discharges pretty quickly though haha.

4. Katmiku macrumors newbie

Apple giveth and Apple taketh away :rolleyes:

5. iamvogue thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, but yeah. Thanks man!:):):)

6. cynics macrumors G3

iPhone 5C charging fast - Too fast?

Using the Apple charger for the 5C? I have chargers that charge my phone at different rates. My Mac and iPad charger are the fastest vs my OEM charger. Higher mAh

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's very normal for the battery to charge quickly up to 80-85% then it'll trickle the last part. The only time this differs is when the battery is outside it's operating temps or when the battery is in a very low state of charge, ie depleted down to power off then left for weeks without a charge.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It suppose to. It should charge from 0%to 80% in 2 hours and it should go from 80%to100% in 2 hours. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes but I might be slightly wrong on the times but if I am all you need to know is it goes fast from 0%to 80% then slows down.

9. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I think that's on the right track.

I've observed that my battery will charge from 0-66% in about 1 hour, and then from 66-100% in about another hour. It definitely slows down a lot as the battery gets close to full.