Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

-BigMac-

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Guys.

In all the ads and presentations,
the 5C has colour matched wallpapers.

But nowhere have they shown, these wallpapers can be changed.
I can see this as a marketing ploy to attract people to the 5S.

Anyone with information on this? Its just a speculation, but they're really emphasising the colour matched wallpapers a lot. I don't think theyre such a big deal. I can go online, and download a yellow wallpaper whenever i want.

It seems like theyre saying, the wallpaper is a part of the phone.

Anyone know 100% if they can be changed? Perhaps someone who played with one at the event?

Thanks

ethanlee

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
California
Hey Guys.

Anyone know 100% if they can be changed? Perhaps someone who played with one at the event?

Thanks

I wasn't at the event myself, but I seriously doubt they would do this (not that I couldn't be wrong, though). They already have included Siri, which we weren't expecting; I doubt Apple would try to use the ability to change your wallpaper as a selling point. Besides, changing your wallpaper should be a given with any smartphone these days.

Comment

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Yes, they're just part of the included wallpapers in iOS 7. Not sure why they wouldn't use the dynamic color-coded ones in the commercials, they look tons better than the still ones.

Comment

FeGo

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2013
Try Colomator

With colomator you can create perfect coloured wallpapers with your own photos:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/colomator/id730141140

screen568x568.jpeg

Comment

*~Kim~*

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
UK
You can change it. A friend has a blue 5c and is using the still that was the default on the 5s instead.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.