iPhone 5c corner popped out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MakenzieAnn9, Aug 19, 2014.

1. MakenzieAnn9 macrumors newbie

I don't know how. I don't know if I dropped it or what. But I went to pick up my phone, and I thought the case was off so I squeezed it a little but nothing happened. And i found out that the corner popped out. Its the upper right hand corner, and If I look inside I can see the light. Anyways, I read other things related to this, and people said they either pushed it really hard, or they bit it down and it popped back in. Well I'm not going to do that. For one I don't have money to go and buy a new iPhone. Anyways, i was going to see if my dad could take me to the nearest Apple store and get it fixed. Until then, should I be worried about using it? It works fine, but I fear that it'll shock me, or that it'll get fried or whatever.

My phone is covered by it's warranty, and an apple rep has said that I can take it in and get it fixed for free. So that's what I am hoping to do.

Attached Files:

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I hope you're not hassled for your iPhone being jailbroken.

3. MakenzieAnn9 thread starter macrumors newbie

----------

My iPhone isn't jail broken?!

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

::Whoops::
    Your message app looks like the bubbles are pink.

5. MakenzieAnn9 thread starter macrumors newbie

They're red so I understand why they look pink, and it's because I'm using the app Kik

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Surely Apple will fix- no problem there, outside of your time. I'd think a gentle yet firm squeeze would pop it right back in without issue?

7. AshtonTS macrumors member

This same thing happened to my 5S. Took it to the apple store and replaced it, no questions asked. They didn't even notice my phone was running the iOS 8 beta :D

8. MakenzieAnn9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did they replace it, or fix it? #

9. AshtonTS macrumors member

They replaced it. And with a beautifully mint device even though mine was scuffed up a bit.

10. MakenzieAnn9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ok. Well hopefully I can go in this upcoming weekend to get it fixed/replaced or whatever they plan on doing

11. NotQuiteSure macrumors newbie

I Just fixed mine.

So I had the same problem as you on the same spot on my phone after dropping it from waist high. I read on another page to turn my iPhone upside down on a shirt and press down. I was afraid to do it because I thought that my screen was going to break... but I did it because I didn't want to get dust inside my phone. But IT WORKED and now I have a fixed iPhone 5C!!! I wish I had a picture to attach but I cant take a picture of my phone with my one phone.

If you decide to fix it by yourself like I did, remember to turn your phone off first. :)