iPhone 5C Fall 2014

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megapopular, Jun 25, 2014.

1. megapopular macrumors 6502a

With new rumors of 32 and 64 gb iPhone 6 coming out this fall, what are your thoughts on the 5C? Upgraded on any level? My guess is Touch ID would be the only upgrade.

2. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

I think it will get some small upgrades and try to keep the low price. I don't think it will get touchID though, I feel that will be reserved for the higher versions.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

The 5c will likely drop down in price and replace the 4S as Apple's entry-level. No idea what phone will take the place of the 5c's current price point. Could be plastic version of the iPhone 5s.

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

My thought is that I love my 5c. If they release a 6c in this pretty blue color, I'll buy that too. If not, I'll be using my 5c longer than I have any other device I've owned. The c series iPhone was the first iPhone I've ever owned. Even after buying a 5s, I still wanted to only use my 5c. I sold my 5s a mere month later.

So for me it's the colored shell, the weight, and the build quality of the 5c that keeps me in the ecosystem.

----------

If it's got the 5s internals without the finger print scanner, I'll still jump on it.

5. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

The iPhone 5C won't be upgraded (else it won't be called the iPhone 5C). This is what, I believe, will happen:

Fall 2013 line-up
    $0 - iPhone 4S [8 GB]
    $99 - iPhone 5C (basically plastic iPhone 5) [16 GB]
    $199 - iPhone 5S [16 GB]

Fall 2014 line-up
    $0 - iPhone 5C [8 or 16 GB]
    $99 - iPhone 5S [16 GB]
    $199 - iPhone 6 4.7" [32 GB]
    $299 - iPhone 6 5.5" [32 GB]

I don't think they will redesign the iPhone 5S like they did with the iPhone 5. Else, you would get some sort of "iPhone 5S C", which would be too confusing for customers.

6. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Like others have said, I doubt Apple will release THREE new iPhones this year and we are yet to hear any rumors. Likely they won't update the C line of iPhones and they will keep it with a lower price tag.

Here's what it will most likely be like when you go to a retailer for a new iphone;
    iPhone 5.5 $299
    iPhone 4.7 $199
    iPhone 5s $99
    iPhone 5c Free (on contract)

The price points for the new iPhones could definitely change because they are now the largest iPhones released.
    It's also possible that they remove the 5C from the lineup so they only have 3 iphones like normal. But they will probably keep it as it is to have the super low cost iphone.

As for the 5S being turned into a C style..don't count on it.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Wasn't the rumor that apple will integrate TouchID into all of its iDevices in 2014?

8. satchmo macrumors 68000

Just give us new colours. Like black, navy, and smoke grey. In other words, some more masculine and grown up colours.
    IMHO, the front faceplate looks better in white as we'll.

9. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

The current price point was $47 out the door at Walmart a few months ago for the 5C. How much cheaper can it get?

10. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i agree wid you dude, ur fall lineup is right on the money... so IF 5.5 starts at 32gb 299, then that means 128gb will be 499 with subsidy or 949 without. DAMN, but ill still hit it :)

11. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

That's not MSRP/standard contract pricing though.

iPhone 4s 8GB $449 no-contract / $0 2-year
    iPhone 5c 16GB $549 no-contract / $99 2-year
    iPhone 5s 16GB $649 no-contract / $199 2-year

A $549 phone is not cheap. Also keep in mind that majority of 2-year contracts include a minimum cost of $1,700 for "service". Given you can get similar service on prepaid for ~$1,200 or less for 2 years, you can see that carriers easily recover that $400 or so of subsidy and then some.

Pricing just gets obfuscated in the US because the major carriers used to force 2-year contracts on customers.

I reckon this is likely accurate. However, I think it's still up in the air whether we'll see the 5s as it is at current 5c pricing. I agree, something like 5s c will be too confusing for customers but there's nothing stopping Apple from changing the body to plastic and then calling it the 6c. That said, given how there have been no rumors about that until now, I think it's unlikely to happen.

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

There is no such rumor about iPhone C I believe Apple decided to kill it. :apple:

13. Vanilla Face, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014

Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

Maybe all the new devices.

14. isco macrumors newbie

As we get closer and closer to the fall, we’re starting to see iPhone 5 owners, who come off contract later on this year, ask questions about the iPhone 6. While we still can’t officially compare the two, we can take a look at how the rumors stack up against the former flagship. Today, we want to take an updated look at how the rumored iPhone 6 compares to the iPhone 5 right now.

For most of 2014, we’ve heard rumors of a brand new iPhone 6, a device that will supposedly be a part of Apple’s best product pipeline in 25 years. While we’ve heard and seen a lot already, we expect the pace of iPhone 6 rumors to pick up as we head further away from WWDC 2014 and closer to the fall. This is both a good thing and a bad thing.:)

15. TC03 macrumors 65816

iPhones are sold throughout so we'll see iPhone 5 owners coming off contract about every day the coming year.

16. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Couldn't agree more, my 5c will stay with me long past my upgrade date I'm sure (2years) I love this blue 5 c loads! I've never been overly attached to my phones b4 until now!