iPhone 5c for Parents

nickprete11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Philadelphia
Hey everyone, it's time for my parents to upgrade their phones. They both have iPhone 4's on AT&T currently. I have made the switch to T-Mobile, and I'm loving it. For them, I'm thinking T-Mobile with 5c's. They barely use their phone for more than Facebook, calling, and texting. So I'm thinking the 5c's would be fine, how is iOS 8 on them? Thanks!

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, it's time for my parents to upgrade their phones. They both have iPhone 4's on AT&T currently. I have made the switch to T-Mobile, and I'm loving it. For them, I'm thinking T-Mobile with 5c's. They barely use their phone for more than Facebook, calling, and texting. So I'm thinking the 5c's would be fine, how is iOS 8 on them? Thanks!
iOS 8 on my 5c is smooth.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
If that's all they do and the 4's still work, you can keep them going on the same phones. If the 4's are broken or your parents want new phones then the 5c is a good choice.

michikade

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in Texas
My mother has a 5c and uses her phone like your parents do - in fact, she may use it less because she uses Safari for Facebook rather than the app. 8.0.2 is smooth on the phone so that would be a fine choice for them.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Get them 6's for the big screens and ease of use...

Spring for 64gb's at least so they can load the phone with pics and videos of grandchildren...

Don't cheap out!

Seriously, my wife was using a 4S and was having a hell of a time reading emails, Safari pages and texts (we both have reached the ages where our eyes aren't as strong as they used to be)

The larger screen of the 6 is a benefit they may need.

(Also FaceTime chats with grandchildren will look better with a big screen)

IMHO

nickprete11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Philadelphia
Get them 6's for the big screens and ease of use...

Spring for 64gb's at least so they can load the phone with pics and videos of grandchildren...

Don't cheap out!

Seriously, my wife was using a 4S and was having a hell of a time reading emails, Safari pages and texts (we both have reached the ages where our eyes aren't as strong as they used to be)

The larger screen of the 6 is a benefit they may need.

(Also FaceTime chats with grandchildren will look better with a big screen)

IMHO
So you really think it would be worth getting them both a 6?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.