iPhone 5C glass screen problem. Clicks/pops when pressing down on screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macosxuser01, Mar 19, 2014.

1. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

My iPhone 5C clicks and or pops when you press on the left bottom corner of the screen. This is my 2nd iPhone 5C. My first iPhone 5C did the same thing like couple days after I bought it (back in October) so I decided to return back to the AT&T store (b/c within 15 days of buying the phone) and got a brand spanking new.
    Now my current iPhone 5C is doing it again. Actually almost a month now but its been getting worse. I've taken good care of my phone and never once drop it on a hard surface. I've notice this is a common problem on iPhone 5C just by reading forums.
    So my question what would you do? Should I just go to Apple store and see if they'll replace it with a brand new one under warranty. Or do I have to give my phone and they'll just fix it (assuming they replace the screen or something).
    For some reason I fell like this could be class action lawsuit with all these defected iPhone 5C screen problems

2. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

My 5c does not click...however I had a screen protector on mine that made it click.

Do u have a screen protector or case with a built in screen protector on it?

3. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

No I do not. I had a slim case that fit perfectly. I know some cases are way too tight on the phone and are sometimes really hard to get it on or off but that's not the case with mine (no pun intended).

4. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Apple replaced my 5c 3 times due to loose clicky screens before finally letting me pay the difference for a 5s.

They said it's just the design and it will happen but some will be most noticeable than others.

Take the case off my clicking went away, the squeezing of the sides of the phone from the case make it worse.

I'm much happier with my 5s now than the 5c.

Matt

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My first 5s had a few issues, it crashed frequently and the screen clicked when you typed anything on the left side of the keyboard in portrait orientation. I took it into Apple and they swapped it out.

But a class action lawsuit because of a clicky screen? It may be annoying but I doubt that it will affect the functionality of the phone in the long run. Just take it in to Apple and see what they can do.

6. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

7. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

If I take in Apple, I wonder if I can do the same even thought I purchase my iPhone 5C at a AT&T store?

At this point, I rather just pay the extra $100 bucks to get a 5S. I originally wanted to get a 5S but at the time the 5S was sold out everywhere and I needed a smartphone ASAP so I went with the 5C

----------

It's still defected nevertheless

8. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

May have just looked a little weird taking the phone off my case and testing this with my 5c whilst waiting for my car in the garage!

All ok with my 5c tho!

9. alflavor macrumors regular

I've had this issue since getting a 5C last Nov - it has been back to Apple store 3 times, each time they try something else - last time was fitting a 'stent' inside - which just made it worse.

This phone is going the day the 6 comes out.

Awful build quality. MY GF had the same issue, but to be fair to Apple her screen was fixed after one genius visit.

10. gunio macrumors newbie

Hi, I want to do the same thing. I had already replaced my 5C once and second time the screen was replaced. The issue reoccured and I am now approaching end of warranty.
    Looks like the issue is widespread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5354737

How much did you have to pay the difference?
    I am just wondering what should I say to them if they offer me again replacement phone. Can't I just trade it in as a new one? Now the 5S is the same price I paid for 5C one year before.