iPhone 5C Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DavoteK, Nov 25, 2015.

1. DavoteK macrumors 6502

Just bought an allegedly new iPhone 5C from eBay. Apparently sealed as new. Two pieces of cellotape either side, but I've never bought an iPhone 5C before, so can't argue either way on this.

Anyway, a few images attached, regarding the home button. Found the home button quite stiff and then saw that it didn't have the the square inside the circular button. The noticed that the top of the button was starting to peel.

So, baring in mind that this is brand new, not a refurb (apparently), has anyone seen a home button like this or end up like this?

Getting a few stroppy responses off seller.

Attached Files:

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

3. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

Something is really wrong there. I would return that right away. I'm worried its a knock off or something else has happened to that phone.

4. xixi.li macrumors regular

5. DavoteK thread starter macrumors 6502

Cracking insight. Cheers.

6. DavoteK thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, its going back, they are saying that there was a protective film or something over the home button? A few friends have got iPhone 5Cs, that is a crock.
    Its more than likely a refurb and they've used a really poor quality home button replacement.

Dispute going in.