iPhone 5c keeps dropping the first call I receive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Valkyre, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Ok this is weird.

My iphone 5c was working great. And now for the past 2 months this thing happens 8 out of 10 calls i receive/make.

This is what happens:

I make/receive a call. I speak for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then the call is dropped. Immediately I redial or I receive the same call and then the line is without problems, and doesnt drop. So in short the first time I receive or I make a call the line is dropped and if I call back immediately everything is ok.

Now I spoken with my carrier and everything seems to be alright on their part. I check the sim card into another phone and everything works fine. So it is my device.

This is driving me crazy. I have restarted the phone, there was even the update of 7.1.1 and nothing seems to fix this.

Do you guys have any ideas about this?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Agree

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Plug your phone into iTunes and do a clean restore. Do not restore from a backup.

Try it again and see if the problem persists.

5. Valkyre thread starter macrumors 6502

I see some people saying to call Apple and get it replaced. While that might be easy for some people next to an Apple store, I dont have this option. In fact in my country there is no Apple store.

So I have to ask, is this a known problem that is hardware related? Or is this a software thing?

To throw in some more information, I have on my phone a skinomi full body protector screen but I have this for 6 months now without any problems. So it cant be the one interferring.

I was pretty sure that this is a software issue as I said this happens only the first time i receive a call. But now I am worried by some replies.

By doing a clean restore, is there a way to keep my sms messages and such?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It seems the sure all is doing a clean install. Likely a waste in time. Sounds like a carrier problem.