iphone 5c - No power

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emzibach, Jul 14, 2014.

1. emzibach macrumors newbie

Hia, need some help please. I have a 6 month old iphone 5c, recently it was dropped but was still functioning fine for a few days until i had a green screen with lines and it went off. Since then it isnt charging , tried to connect to itunes but itunes doenst pick it up when plugged in. Tried holding the home and lock button to reset this also doesnt work.

since this the phone has had a replacement screen and a new lightning port but this hasn't fix the problem. There still isn't any power going into the phone.

tried different chargers and no joy

the phone isnt water damaged.

has anyone got any ideas of what i could do as im sure the warranty is voided as the screen has been replaced by a local phone shop and not apple themselves.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, its out of warranty because it was dropped and the screen was replaced. I'd say a connector and or the logic board broke. Can your local phone shop that did the screen replacement take a look and fix it?

3. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

This may not apply since the lightning port was replaced, but about a month ago, my iPhone 5 stopped taking a charge when I plugged it in. I took it to the apple store and the Genius looked into the lightning port, then took a pair of plastic tweezers and pulled some pocket lint out of the port. Good as new... Apparently this is a common problem.

4. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

Yea the tweezers trick is the first go to thing when a cell phone stops charging, learned that 15 years ago with my Nokia 3310 :)