Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Hello everyone. I had ordered two colors of the Poetic FlipBook for my new iPhone 5C :apple: and I thought I would share my impressions of the case.

First off, a few words about the feel of this case. I really like that it doesn’t feel cheap or plastic-y. The cover is a faux-leather that has a leathery smell, and has a rippled texture that looks like wood grain or a field of grass..? Haha, maybe the pictures can show it better than I can describe it.

The back is a snap-on shell made of polycarbonate and it has a soft, rubberized touch to it that I quite enjoy. The iPhone snaps easily on the shell, and it took a little bit of effort to get it back out, so there isn’t much of a chance that your iPhone will just fall out of the case.

Once the case is installed, my iPhone has a nice in-hand feel. A slight bit more weight that makes the iPhone feel substantial.

The interior of both the cover and the shell is lined with a soft microfiber material. It definitely wil not leave scratches on the iPhone. The lid closes by use of tiny suction cups. Old technology, but it is simple and it works. No magnets to mess up your GPS and such.

The top and bottom of the case has large cut-outs that leave you access to all your ports on the bottom and the power button on top. It feels good to touch your iPhone’s buttons directly rather than have to push on the buttons on the case. Note that you do have to open the cover to reach your volume buttons and mute switch, but that’s expected from a cover case.

I love the look and feel of the FlipBook. I bought two colors to switch it up depending on my mood. The magenta is really more of a bright salmon or pink color. I also enjoy the black color for a more subdued look.

I hope you enjoyed my quick review of the Poetic Flipbook for iPhone 5C. Pictures are below.

3lhvSTO.jpg

qLruf31.jpg

CYCatxp.jpg

S8RoQC9.jpg

H7S6Aiw.jpg

8GDW9T2.jpg

Last edited:

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
Nice review. Just looking at it, I know the suction cups are old school, but I think they're also to help keep the screen clean. If you lay the phone on the table with the cover folded over, the whole inside panel won't pick up dirt/dust/oil from whatever you put it on. That way, when you close the cover on the 5c, the screen won't pick up all that dirt.

Orange22

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Thanks for the pictures. It looks very sleek. The pink one is the color I prefer. I am in need of a good flip cover case. Does the cover stay on securely?:eek:

musicjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Thanks for the pictures. It looks very sleek. The pink one is the color I prefer. I am in need of a good flip cover case. Does the cover stay on securely?:eek:

The cover does stay on pretty well. The suction cups work every time and they make a satisfying snap noise when I open the cover :D.

Orange22

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
The cover does stay on pretty well. The suction cups work every time and they make a satisfying snap noise when I open the cover :D.

I had this case for about 1 week now. this is exactly what I wanted. Protection...it is discreet...easy to on&off...best bang for not many bucks!

Gandalf theGrey

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
This is quite neat. I think it does offer intact protection as well as keeping the iPhone clean. Plus the shade of pink is pretty cute =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.