iPhone 5C Problem - LCD Nonresponsive and White Lines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ngragtm, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Ngragtm macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently jumped into water with my iPhone 5c in my pocket for about 20 seconds. After drying the phone for several days it would not power up. I cleaned the connections with 90% isopropyl alcohol and then replaced the battery.

It now powers up but the LCD is non responsive and the screen has white lines going down it. I double tapped the home button and Siri worked and the sound was working. Top button is still functional. Is this simply a LCD problem and needs a replacement? Or is this internal?

I have replaced several iPhone 4 and 4S screens but have not done an iPhone 5c though it seems much easier. I didn't want to buy a new LCD unless sure it was the problem. Here is what the phone looks like:

Thanks,
    Nick

Attached Files:

2. skyline2014 macrumors newbie

The water got in your lcd and needs to be replaced. Make sure you order the whole front assembly for the 5c usually $50.

3. wirelesssolutio macrumors newbie

wirelesssolutio

There are so many iPhone LCD screen replacement store available near your place, you can go any one of them and i will sure they solve this issue and get back your iPhone as new.