IPhone 5c screen issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MUFFSHIZZLE, Jul 4, 2014.

1. MUFFSHIZZLE macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5c got wet, I dried it out and screen was fine , next day it went completely black. Tried the home and power button reset trick and still nothing screen stays black. When plugged into wall it makes a noise every couple seconds, when plugged into itunes it is recognized and I restored it through itunes and the screen gets a little bit brighter but still no apple logo. Finally I decided to change the whole screen and connector ribbons and I'm still at the black screen. I also completely took everything out of the chasis and made sure there was no debris from when it got wet and there was none , put it all back together and tried both screens and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

When you got it wet and turned it on without giving it enough time to try, you most likely damaged components.

3. MUFFSHIZZLE thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought the same thing but it worked for like 10 hrs after drying out plus I didn't see any signs of damage to anything.