iPhone 5C Stuck in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by shahrezsyed, Aug 31, 2014.

1. shahrezsyed macrumors regular

I just tried to update my iPhone 5C to iOS 8 Beta 5 and as soon as my iPhone entered recovery mode, my iTunes crashed. Now I can't get my iPhone out of recovery mode and whenever I connect my phone to iTunes, iTunes crashes. What do I do?
    I'm using iTunes 12 on Yosemite DP 6 btw...

2. NZfly macrumors member

Hey i've seen heaps of this lately and had it happen myself.

Itunes 12 can't seem to restore devices yet as soon as it detects an iOS device in recovery mode it crashes I've sent bug reports to apple. You'll have to go to another mac and use an older version of iTunes to restore it .

3. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

I deleted iTunes, installed an older version of iTunes and put my iTunes Library.itl in trash so I could run the older iTunes. If I put the file back into Library/iTunes, will my library return after I'm back on iTunes 12?

4. NZfly macrumors member

5. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

6. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Another solution, which would be an easier one to do, is to have xcode6 beta 6 logged in (using your apple account) and running. Once you do that, iTunes will run fine and your iPhone will finish loading 8.

This happened to me last week when updating my stepson's new 5s and as much as I figured Apple could help figure out the solution, it was another developer who figured this out.

7. Fireplug macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, and fixed it when I switched out my after-market charging cable with the Apple cable.