Resolved iPhone 5c turns off while calling...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPodJedi, Dec 11, 2013.

1. iPodJedi, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I'm loving my new iPhone 5c (blue with16gb) but I notice that when I call sometimes the phone shows the apple symbol like its about to turn off. It shows it only when I have it up to my ear making a call to another person. Then the apple screen goes away and it asks my to type my passcode in and it hangs up the call. Any ideas about that??? Also I have very good hearing but I can hardly hear the 5c when I'm on the phone with someone because it's so quiet even with the volume all the way up. I do however love the actual speakers on the bottom they sound amazing on games and garage band and they can get pretty loud.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Are you sure you holding it right? :D

Return it.

3. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Ya

Ya i hold it like anyone else would... It doesn't do it every time but it has happened a few times. Not sure if it is worth returning. Seems like a fixable bug apple could get in the next update

4. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

The first thing you mention sounds like a bug, maybe a reinstall of the latest version of iOS would help, but I'm not sure.

The other thing about the speaker being too quiet, that may actually be a reason to swap your phone for a new one. That might also help you with your other issue. So if I were you I'd just go to an apple store or call apple support.