iPhone 5c users, feedback needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lovewd, Apr 30, 2014.

1. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

So my brother and I recently got jobs, and after some other purchases we are ready to start our own phone plan. We both want to get the iPhone 5c, and I want to know, is this phone worth getting? It's one thing to watch reviews on YouTube, but I'd much rather just hear the every day average Joe's user's opinion. BTW I am coming over from android, because to be honest, in many areas, apple just does it better.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Within the next 4-5 months Apple will most likely release the next iPhone.

But anyway, I have seen some good deals on the 5c lately. If price is a concern, then maybe it's the right choice for you.

3. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Just go with the 5s, touch ID is amazing and itself should make you want to buy a 5s

4. lovewd thread starter macrumors 6502

lovewd

The price makes me want otherwise ;)

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

The iPhone 5c is a great device but please don't cover it with a case unless it's too slippery for you.

The 5c is already pretty chunky... I think.

6. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

I'd go with the 5s mainly for the fact it's more future proof than the 5c and higher resale value.

7. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Futureproof?

8. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

When software and more apps get optimized for 64 bit architecture, the 5s will be good to go unlike the 5c. Not too mention the evolution of touch ID that will eventually be in all future Apple mobile devices.

9. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

I just got a 32GB White 5C off contract for $450, and I'm extremely happy with it. I came from a GSIII to a 4S to a 5 to the 5C. It's by far my favorite device I've owned.

On contract, they're a great deal. I don't think they'll be out dated very quickly IMO. The A6 is still very capable. The 5s's A7 may be 64-bit, but it's still got the same amount of RAM in it, and I think that is more likely to be a determining factor. I'd say three years or so.

At first I put Apple's 5c case on it, but I've since returned it and am running it fully naked, as it should be. The phone feels great in hand, and that was one of the main reasons I went with it. I just love the feel, and the color, even if it is white.

I say go for it, and enjoy it :cool:

I mean, just look at it:
    [​IMG]

10. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

There is ZERO real world speed difference between the 5, 5c and 5s. I've had them all side by side with the same apps and they all respond identically.

----------

Oh and having spent 3 years of sorrow with android and having recently converted I say: good choice and welcome!!!!

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The 5C is a great phone.

Yes, the power users around here aren't going to want it, but we're not the norm. I'll be giving my dad my 5C in the fall to replace his iPhone 4 which, by the way, he's still perfectly happy with. (Imagine asking folks around here if the iPhone 4 is still a good phone and see what they'd say about that!)

So it depends on what you need. If you're not using demanding apps (cutting edge video games, video editors, etc) then you'll find that the 5C is just fine. As another poster said, they don't notice a difference. If you're playing Angry Birds or uploading photos to Dropbox, no, you won't notice a big difference.

I plan on upgrading to the 6 this fall because I'm a power user (the fact that I have a 5C at all is just because I was curious to try it for a few months). A lot of us here are like me. You don't have to be like us.

I'd say go for it and enjoy your phone. I predict you will.

12. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Id would buy a 5C on ebay then outright (could be had for as little as $300 brand new depending on carrier). This way you could sell that when the new iPhone comes out and recoup most of your money and then upgrade to the 6 or 6C.

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I hope you two will pick pink color. They are most populat than other colors. :apple:

14. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

The 5C is a great phone for everyday use. If you just need something basic, reliable without touch ID and the like and want to save a few bucks it's a great choice.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not exactly so basic either--pretty much the same as iPhone 5S as far as what it can do and how it performs aside from a few things that don't really make it basic.

16. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Honestly? Best iPhone or even phone I've owned.. Love it! I went for blue btw

17. lovewd thread starter macrumors 6502

lovewd

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Last minute in the store I decided to get the 5s, but this really helped my brother make the decision for the 5c

18. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket