iPhone 5c with stutter?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phillymacuser, Jun 4, 2014.

1. phillymacuser macrumors member

I just upgraded from a 4s to a 5c and more often than I remember my phone is pausing during text messaging. Kinda like an old computer, I type but nothing happens, then the entire sentence appears. I do not remember this happening with my 4s. Any suggestions/thought?

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Is it updated to 7.1? That's not normal at all.

3. phillymacuser thread starter macrumors member

I just checked and yes it has version iOS 7.1.1

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I do have that with the iphone 4 but not ever any 5's. It could be due to the flasah memory being almost full...many apps running in the backround...crappy sprint coverage...

5. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I would think maybe u have too much running at once, try closing all of the apps in the background then turning it off completely. Then see what happens...my iPod touch 4 "stutters" all the time when typing but my iPhone 5c never has so I'm guessing your just running a lot at once and your 5C is trying to catch up...

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

If the problem does not go away, do a restore. If its still present after that, book an appointment with Apple.

7. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

How did you update? OTA or ITunes? Some people say that OTA can on occasion be a little temperamental? If possible do a restore via iTunes.

8. phillymacuser thread starter macrumors member

I update OTA. I did a full restore from the back-up on my computer when I got the phone new a couple of weeks ago.

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

10. phillymacuser thread starter macrumors member

I will try closing out of apps. I just feel that my usage is similar to iPhone 4s so not sure why its a problem.

11. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

APple nErd is right. When you restore your iPhone from a recent back-up, it brings all of the old data to the new iphone; including the corrupt data and other data that you may not want on your new iPhone. This could be a cause of your "stuttering" keyboard. I would restore as new. Just save your old information within the phone so you do not loose it.

12. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I just restored my iPod touch 4 last week because of battery issues, 3GB of "Other" data in iTunes (on an 8GB iTouch), and yes, my iPod touch had a stuttering keyboard. Since restoring my iPod touch as NEW, it has greatly improved in battery life, there is almost no Other, and my keyboard no longer stutters. It has been an overall smooth experience on my iPod touch since restoring :) :) :)

13. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah after you restore and set up as new, make sure all your apps, photos, music etc is backed up to your computer, then sync it all back over. your problem should be solved.

14. phillymacuser thread starter macrumors member

I actually tried powering off the phone completely and it seems to have worked the last couple of days! It was a really weird occurrence. I guess I am not sure how to restore without importing all of old data via itunes. I will give it a few more days and see if it holds up.

15. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I have a 5c and no issues, it's really fast. Back up your stuff with icloud, restore and set it up as new

16. mattboner macrumors member

How about messages? Can I restore messages only?

17. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

I dont think so.there use to be a way but last i used it was like 3 years ago, so i dont remember.