iPhone 5c worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcishere93, Jul 2, 2015.

1. jcishere93 macrumors newbie

jcishere93

I want to buy the iPhone 5c either white or blue is it worth it?? Especially buying one from apple now? Which color is best

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Black.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

4. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't buy an iPhone 5C because I don't feel it is worth it, but if you do choose to get one I think the blue color is the better of the 2. White is the most common I think.

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

How are you planning to use the 5c? It's still not a bad phone as I have it as my back up phone, but I also don't use it everyday either. If you're simply going to use it for basic tasks like email, call, text, social media, streaming music, you'll probably be fine. But if you're going to be playing games on it, you may want to at least look at the 5s. Also, if you're looking to purchase it brand new, they only sell it in 8GB variety so if you plan on downloading a lot of apps to your phone, space will be an issue at some point in time. If you're looking to buy used, you can easily find more storage capacity (16GB, 32GB).

As for what color is best? That's ultimately your decision, not ours.

6. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

5c is just fine. A year ago it was the "OMG YOU HAVE A 5C???" Now it's "not worth it". ???

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

It's basically a re-branded iPhone 5. I don't think it's worth it, honestly.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's a bit more than that in the sense that it supports more LTE bands and has a slightly larger battery as I recall.

9. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Eh ... lipstick on a pig.

10. L-Tuned macrumors regular

I have a 5C as a company phone and I have a 6plus for personal use. I think 5C is a great phone if you get it as free phone with your plan. It's more portable, easier to talk and I do find it better than 5 in performance wise (I had a 5 for 2 year before 6plus). but honestly I won't get it if I were have to spend any money.

11. Attonine macrumors 6502a

My dad has a 5c. I think it's a great phone. Would I buy one now? No, not this late in the cycle. Wait a few months for the 6s to launch and all the phones to be shifted down a notch and you will get a more recent phone for 5c money. Which colour? Whichever you like best - surely?

12. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Why would anyone ask what color is best from strangers that have their own preference ? Pick your own color. iPhone 5c is OK, but many would opt for the iPhone 5s instead=Better all around. Wait until iPhone 6S comes out for a good price on the 5c