iPhone 5s - 7. Worth it??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saxman211, Aug 13, 2016.

1. saxman211 macrumors regular

saxman211

So I've had an iPhone 5s for nearly 3 years now. Since then, each new iPhone introduced has been lackluster in my eyes. None of them have brought anything to the iPhone that has caught my attention. I always said that I would upgrade to the next phone after the 6s and make my upgrade cycle maybe every 3 years, but after keeping an eye on the iPhone 7 rumors, the next iPhone just looks like an updated iPhone 6 and again doesn't offer any new features that make me excited to get it. Do you guys think I should just buy this new phone? Or cool to just wait for next years anniversary iPhone?? My phone works just fine by the way...

2. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

If you don't like it, then don't buy it. You seem to have already made your decision.

3. RedOrchestra Suspended

What is it exactly that you're looking for? to catch that attention of yours?

4. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

I say...if something is not broken...don't fix it.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

If you're fine with your current phone, and you're not impressed by the new phone, it sounds like an easy enough decision to make on your own.

6. 617aircav Suspended

Buy what suits you. Nobody can decide for you. Remember you can always return.

7. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Keep your iPhone 5s as long as you can. It was and still is a great device.
    If you really want to upgrade, check out iPhone SE. It will not go away after iPhone 7 is released. You still have plenty of time to hesitate and decide.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I'd say a 5s to 6s is worth it, so unless they take things away, you're good. ;)

9. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

If your current phone fulfills your needs and works to your satisfaction - why spend more money now? If I were you, I'd save the cash or put it to use somewhere else. Buy a new phone when you really "need" it and that can only be determined by you.

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

If you really want to upgrade, going to the 6s would not be a bad move right now if you can get one at a deal. I'm waiting out this year's iPhone and I just bought a Mint 2 week old 128 GB 6s Plus off of Swappa that includes 2 tempered glass protectors, an Apple Silicone Case, and AppleCare+ until July 2018 for $660. Much better than the $1000 I would've spent to get a 64 GB 7 Plus with a case and screen protector.

11. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

I had a 5s and i upgraded to a 6s plus and it was amazing lol

the speed comparison was a great change

but what really mattered the most was that I had the experience to get a new phone which added being the fastest iPhone at that

if you don't crave getting a new phone then maybe you should continue using your iPhone 5s which seems to suit you anyways

12. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I commend your keeping an Iphone 5s for three years. I have nowhere near that discipline.