Iphone 5s: a Lemon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bevo, Nov 19, 2013.

1. bevo macrumors regular

I've had an iphone 5s now for 4-5 weeks. I've had it replaced once for a faulty logic board a week ago (the week prior to its absolut failure, I had a lot of random blue screens not associated Numbers or any specific app). Got it replaced at the apple store. Now with my replaced iphone 5s, I'm getting blue screens randomly again ...

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Did you set it up as a new phone or restore it?

3. bevo thread starter macrumors regular

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yikes. That's not good. I haven't got the opinion from the forums that the 5s has more hardware issues than expected. However, iOS 7 is a steaming pile and you can't separate the two. As the other poster mentioned, restoring from a backup can be problematic. The other biggest thing is a misbehaving app. I'm trying to be helpful when I say "most" people don't have that issue (maybe lots, but not most) so take a look at what apps are on your phone and look at folks talking about their blue screens and maybe you'll make a correlation. Whatever it is I hope you get it figured out.

As a test, backup your phone and then restore as new and don't do anything else. Does it still happen? Start installing your apps with an evaluation between installs. If you can't reproduce it then it's something with your backup. If you restored from a local backup try from the cloud if you have one. Or the other way around. :) Unfortunately, simple detective work at this point.

5. bevo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. I did another reset all settings. Will see if it fixes anything.

Unfortunately, the last app to blue screen me I can't uninstall (Music app) without reinstalling ios again.

My restore was from my previous the cloud in the apple store. Not a local computer copy.

I had issues with crashing before (4s to ios7 before I upgraded to the 5s), which a reset all fixed. But those never showed a blue screen.

6. madKIR macrumors 6502

join the club...lol

I created a similar thread a week ago.

I get a super crazy/funky/psychedelic screen. The easiest way to trigger it is to run Geekbench 3.

You can check these videos below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCoarI-ORVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ApTYsMpMtM

The replacement is on its way.
    They've sent me a brand-new phone instead of a replacement box.

Hopefully, this one is fine.
    Fingers crossed:rolleyes: