iPhone 5s and Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mBox, Sep 27, 2013.

1. mBox macrumors 68020

My last iPhone was the 4.
    Updated to the 5s due to a few things and one being battery life in days use.
    I dont turn my Wifi on, dont listen to music or have facebook or whatever app running in the background (that I know off).
    I read someplace to turn off Background App Refresh.
    Well after charging from 12am to 6am, and now its 1:30pm Central, phone is showing a little over a half in juice.
    Is that right?
    Its like the damn iPhone 4 all over again.
    Keep in mind I am using default settings for now e.g. screen brightness, etc..
    I wanted to see in the first few days how this phone does with day to day battery use.
    Before I shut off Background App Refresh, I had to plug the phone in around 5pm to keep it from dying.
    Mind you I didnt check to see how long it would actually go for.

God Im not that bored ;)

2. PToN macrumors newbie

Nope. At least i dont think so...

I am a first time iPhone owner and that means i play a lot more with my phone, listing to iTunes radio, FB, youtube, hangounts, gmail, google voice, pictures, etc, and i get a solid 8+ of battery life.

I unplug my phone at 7:30AM and by 12:30AM i still have 30%-40% battery life.

3. mBox thread starter macrumors 68020

Update

Finally found time to test this.
    Shut-off Wifi and Bluetooth.
    Getting decent results now.
    Leaps and bounds this phone compared to my old 4 :)

4. bwlucas macrumors member

Turn off airdrop in mission control. I've noticed big time energy savings after kicking that off.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I have actually been impressed with mine, compared to my 4S and 5.

I was roaming Seattle for hours today, I was listening to music the whole time, sent some emails, used Facebook and Twitter, by the time I got home and plugged in, I had 7 hours of use and still had over 30% of the battery left.

Oh and a good bit of time, I was in an underground/basement area where I get no cell signal.

6. zedzded macrumors regular

The battery on the 5S is abysmal. Obviously everyone's responses to this is "turn off bluetooth, background app updating" blah blah blah. I've done all of the above, followed various recommendations from numerous sites and whilst my battery life is much improved, it's still pretty poor. The 5S is a good phone, but pretending it has a good battery is just stupidiculous.

7. Spacial macrumors 6502

The guys at work are satisfied with theirs. I passed for the first time ever. Just seemed like a waste of money when nothing appealed to me. Plus I'm convinced Apple will do much better with iPhone 6, I'll try that one.