Iphone 5s and ios8??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callawayno1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. callawayno1 macrumors member

So i am going to buy a new phone now but i have some questions , if i buy the 5s now would it run the iOS 8 well and can it run it at all when it comes out considering it has only 1gig ram and so ?
    Is the battery not so good on the 5s its half the size almost as the galaxy note 3 which i am also intrested in by the way?
    And is the rumors saying that the new iphone 6 is coming in october and if it does so it may take 2-3 months before i can get one like it usually takes before its out in stores stock?:confused:

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

If you have any knowledge of iOS and how older iPhones utilise the newest ios you will know that it can and will run iOS 8. 1GB is fine for a device with a screen this size. Even with a larger battery Samsung phones do not have as good a battery life as the 5S....Apple optimises hardware and software, this you should also know.
    If you pre-order the next iphone or queue up on the day of release you should have no issues getting one. Even if you order online after release- it is rare to take 2 or 3 months to get it. Confused?? Sounds to me like you are looking for problems/excuses with Apple where none are needed, or you are simply trying to flame forum users here.

3. Solitude1984 macrumors 6502

Solitude1984

I ordered my 5s at 2:00 p.m. on release day (which was late). I got my phone a month later. That being said, I also got the gold, which was in very high demand at the time. Had I gotten black or silver it would have taken less time. If I'd wanted a black one I could easily have walked into a store and gotten one on release day.

As for the battery life, sure it's not as great as some of the massive phones with massive batteries, but it's still good. In fact, it's way better than my husband's S3 ever was.