iPhone 5s anodizing - Apple needs to learn from HTC!

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
But then what would people have to complain about? :rolleyes:

The stuff people nitpick gets more obscure as the iPhone evolves, so I can only imagine what the next "-gate" will be.

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
But then what would people have to complain about? :rolleyes:

The stuff people nitpick gets more obscure as the iPhone evolves, so I can only imagine what the next "-gate" will be.
People literally nitpick about nothing now. They are asking for something drastically different with no concept of what that is or why they want it.

It's like a Seinfeld episode. A nitpick about nothing.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
You can do the same thing on the iPhone 5. Scratches can be wiped with a cloth easily (if they aren't too deep, but it's the same with HTC one). Do some research people, before posting nonsense -_-

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The One has a lot of stuff going for it, but IMO this is the best feature of the whole phone. Until you've used a device with forward facing speakers, you don't realise how great it is.
Serious question...

Does it pose an issue with hearing the phone ring in your pocket? The face of my phone generally faces my thigh and, especially when sitting, it can get pressed against it pretty well.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2BxL0nRDlY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You can do the same exact thing on the iPhone 5, but the chamfered edges on both phones are quite prone to scratched and dings pretty easily

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Serious question...

Does it pose an issue with hearing the phone ring in your pocket? The face of my phone generally faces my thigh and, especially when sitting, it can get pressed against it pretty well.
I never owned the One, so I can't comment on that aspect. My only experience with it was when my roommate got one a week before we moved out.

EDIT: So I asked him this question and this is his exact response copy/pasted here - "Obviously the sound gets muffled a bit, but in terms of hearing my ringtone go off it hasn't been a problem for me. Maybe I just keep my phone really loud or I don't visit loud places often haha. I keep it on my desk most of the time anyway."

Last edited: