iPhone 5s ATT Activation Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SluGuru, Sep 25, 2013.

1. SluGuru macrumors regular

Having an activation issue with one of my iPhone 5s phones. Instead of getting the server activation overload error, it told me that they were experiencing delays and it would be activated in a few hours and they would email me. It has been 12 hours now and nothing. The ATT site says I have no phone pending an activation.

Is there some way that I can manually try the activation again myself on the phone? I have searched Google forever with no result. Are there any other solutions? Just call ATT?

2. porterjr macrumors newbie

Does your phone show ATT signal and 4G? Mine show it but does not work when trying to make calls or use data over 4G. Wondering if it's an activation issue.

3. SluGuru thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, same thing here. Kind of a weird issue.

4. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Ditto. I have 4G & internet connection, but no telephone or text.

After 1 hour on line with AT&T, they tell me my SIM card may be bad. No AT&T store in my area, so they sending me another one via US Mail. 2-5 deliver days. That's nice service, huh!

5. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Update:

After wasting 90 minuntes with AT&T, I did a reactivation and it fixed the phone issue except that my visual voicemail was gone!! Called AT&T again and told them upgrint, "Idon't have 90 minutes to waste on this" with a rest at their end and a hard reboot, I was able to retreive the 20 VM in my box!.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I'm having this same issue today.

How do you do a reactivation yourself? I don't care about losing VMs, I don't have any really. I just want it to activate.

7. joneill55 macrumors 6502

My method: Delete all content from the phone in settings and reinstall tethered to itunes.

8. SluGuru thread starter macrumors regular

I was able to fix this quickly. I logged into my ATT.com account and went to the live chat. I simply told them I needed the phone activated as I received an error message and it was good to go after a 20 minute chat.

9. icemanchanx macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. I had the same issues. Went for SluGuru's suggestion. worked. Done within 15 minutes.