iPhone 5s- bad signal/reception

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dilbaggins, Oct 7, 2013.

1. dilbaggins macrumors member

I've been having this issue with iPhone 5s for the past couple of weeks. Everytime I make a call in a building (IE. grocery stores), the reception is poor and I only have 2 bars/circles filled in. Is this common? What should I do about it? The other individual in the call can barely hear me, so i'm not sure if it is an issue with my phone or carrier.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Impossible to answer with the info provided.

If you tell people a few more details you're more likely to get useful info rather than random speculation.

Suggestion: tell the forum what carrier you're on, whether it's a new carrier to you or you've previously used them, what phone you came from that worked fine there, are there any other people with the same carrier there who see different results and what phones they're using, etc.

3. Barzey macrumors newbie

iPhone 5s poor reception

Hi, I had an iphone 5 on Vodafone and very rarely had 3G and also seemed to be dropping in and out of reception when on calls whilst travelling. I sold the 5 and also switched to O2 and used a 4s for about 3 weeks whilst awaiting the 5s. I thought I had made the best decision of the year changing to O2 until I started using the 5s when it became available. The reception is terrible and I've actually borrowed another O2 sim and am using it in an old blackberry which works brilliantly! I can literally talk on the blackberry clear as day and look at my 5s and see that it is searching for network coverage with zero reception. The 5s drops out in exactly the same areas of the city each day whilst the blackberry works fine, just the same as the 4s did! The antenna in the 5s must be weaker than the 4s!