Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

PlanetExp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Swapped up from an iPhone 5 and whine the battery *seem* normal i find that it drains faster than usual when the phone is in use. So I'm asking what should be considered normal real world usage drain and not the apple figures.

Overnight drain is 1-2% from 100% so all great there.
Checking macrumors, email and news once, then pomodoro timer for a total of 1,5 hours use (no screen) and I'm down to 85% might not seem fast but it seems it drains 3-5% every time I pick the phone up and do something with it. Didn't have that feeling with the 5. Overall drain was faster but not so much when in use.

All services are on. Got about 7 hours of use and 40 hours standy on last charge.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
there are already a ton of battery threads with peoples screenshots and usage times.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Swapped up from an iPhone 5 and whine the battery *seem* normal i find that it drains faster than usual when the phone is in use. So I'm asking what should be considered normal real world usage drain and not the apple figures.

Overnight drain is 1-2% from 100% so all great there.
Checking macrumors, email and news once, then pomodoro timer for a total of 1,5 hours use (no screen) and I'm down to 85% might not seem fast but it seems it drains 3-5% every time I pick the phone up and do something with it. Didn't have that feeling with the 5. Overall drain was faster but not so much when in use.

All services are on. Got about 7 hours of use and 40 hours standy on last charge.
That is above average I would say--the average seems to be about 6 hours of usage and 1 day of standby--so it seems that you are fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.