iPhone 5S- Battery goes done after taking off charger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AceC, Mar 9, 2014.

1. AceC, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014

AceC macrumors member

My iPhone 5S automatically went from 100% to 99% when removed from the charger. It had been at 100% for a good while before even being removed.

Not a major deal, I know. But just curious as to why that happened, as it usually takes a while to even get the battery to drop its first percent?

down*, not done.

2. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Mine does that, too. Was told by a Genius at the Apple Store that it's corrupted iOS software. I'll wait until 7.1 to see if it solves the problem; if not, clean install!

3. hashsi99 macrumors member

Turn the power off and turn back on. Will be back at 100%.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

That's just silly worrying about 1%. That "genius" is a real dope. Corrupt software takes away 1%?? Puleeeze....

The fact it that the charging circuit does not hold the charge at exactly 100%. It can easily be off by 1 or 2 percent.

Maybe turn off the percentage indicator. Less stress is a good thing. :)

5. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    This, all my iPhones have dropped a percentage or two after taking off charge, and after a restart, they're back at 100%

I've reset them, setup as new, and still the same, but a restart solves it for the time being.

And as Givmeabrek says, the charging circuit can also be off a percentage or two.

Just use it, it won't do any harm :)

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

This right here. I turned my percentage indicator off and just plug my phone in whenever I feel like it, and unplug it when I need to.