iPhone 5s Battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Artmuzz, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I recently bought a 64GB iPhone 5s but I am worried about the battery life as I feel the battery life isn't that long. I only have 3G switch on with everything else switched off which could be eating up the battery life. When I look into usage at 91% full battery it tells me the following...

Usage 38 minutes
    Standby 12 hours

Is this normal?

2. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Just use it and have a charger close by. Or sell it and get a Android with a big battery.:confused:

3. I7guy macrumors G5

My gauge is 8 to 10 percent per hour based on web surfing. Location services eat up the battery, so try to take steps to optimize battery life. There are discussions all over the internet on that.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

12 hours of standby and 38 hours of usage and less than 10% of battery used? Why would that be bad?

Use the phone and keep an eye on the usage and standby numbers as you get down close to 0% for at least a week or two as that's really the main thing that will tell you how it's behaving in general over at least a few days.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I find that my battery drains about 1% every 2-4 hours in standby. So for a worst case scenario, you used 6% in the standby and the other 3% in the 38 minutes of usage.

I think your battery is fine.