iPhone 5S Battery Problem. Please Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPotter-, Oct 15, 2014.

1. iPotter- macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have a big battery problem, and I don't know what is cause of it. Battery is draining so fast, even in stand by mode, that I have to charge it every 4-5 hours.

Last night when I went to sleep, I turned on airplane mode, with 61% of battery left, after 8 hours I woke up and phone was off, and this is not first time this is happening.

I did a reset via iTunes, and did backup from iCloud and battery is still the problem.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

3. iPotter- thread starter macrumors newbie

iOS 8.0.2.

4. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

5. iPotter- thread starter macrumors newbie

I've added screenshots in the attachment.

Attached Files:

6. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

7. iPotter- thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really sure, I was just using it, when I took screenshots.

8. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Look at the Battery Usage page while your battery is draining excessively.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Could just be the battery is defective. If you could get it to the Apple store they will test it for free while you wait and can tell you if it is up to specs.

10. iPotter- thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is, there is no Apple store in my country, but I still have Apple warranty.

Is there any way that I can test it by myself?

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Reset the phone and don't launch and apps to see if the battery still drains at the same rate. Unless you have an application using the battery (which will be shown by the battery usage) you have a defective battery.

12. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You could check with your telco. If you got your phone on contract from them, they should have a service centre that you can bring to to let them have a look at.

I did this last week, when my iPhone was also experiencing rapid battery life drain at one point (but it mysteriously cleared up a day after). Restored my phone from iTunes and got bad battery life for a day, but problem went away after a day. I am guessing the phone was running some processes aggressively in the background.

What they will do is restore your phone to new, charge it to 100%, turn on airplane mode, lock your phone and wait 1 hour to see if battery life drops or not. If it drops by even one 1%, then they will escalate the case to Apple.

My advice to you is to wait another day. If it's still a problem, and if you don't mind restoring your phone again, try the aforementioned steps.