iPhone 5S - Battery Problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cs.oyen, Sep 1, 2015.

1. cs.oyen macrumors newbie

Hi,

Recently have replace my 4S with and 5S for work use.

With around 2 weeks of use the battery drain was too big with 1 hour of use and 8 hours of standby my battery drops from 100% of charge to something like ~ 30%.

I don't think that's normal, have all models since 3GS and even this don't have this discharge speed.

Last days replace the battery to a new one. Can't identify if this is good or bad. The specifications of manufacturer has the same as original, the description uses OEM at description.

So with a new battery, wit 6 load cycles with the same capacity have exactly the same problem (with this new battery can have a little bit more of use).

I have no idea about whats the problem here.

Have no warranty, so can't ask to Apple repair if need. What can I do to bypass this problem or at least identify the problem itself?

Thank you!

Regards.

2. cs.oyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone can give me some advisement about what I need to do.

Thanks.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Unless Apple replaced your battery the chances are you got someone old battery of a crappy one. "Claimed" specs do not mean that is what you got. For the little save Apple would have put a real Apple battery in your iphone.

4. cs.oyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thank you.

Yes I know that "OEM Batteries" it's a very low profile detail do check if it's a really battery (original) or something with a label an poor quality.

The one that I replaced was brought directly from Amazon FR, can't check but assume the was "good" enough.

The problem was not the actual battery:

This is the problem:

With the original battery my phone with charge at 100%, about 700 load cycles and health about 87% from original capacity only work for about 10-11 hours (with no use, only iPhone turned on).

With this new battery, charge at 100%, with 10 load cycle, and the health around 99,6% work about 10-12 hours (with no use, only iPhone turned on).

Can you understand what i am talking about? The drain behavior is almost the same, and if i turn all off (airplane mode) makes do difference, 10-12 hours later my iPhone is off with no charge :/

How can I check for other problems?

Regards,

Carlos