iPhone 5 or earlier iPhone 5s battery problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jordan246, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Jordan246 macrumors regular

Jordan246

Hey guys got a question for you. My friend has a iphone 5s and when he updated to ios 12 the battery will go dead with 50 to 60 percent on the battery. Keep in mind i did replace the battery with a ifixit battery. I called apple and they said there wasn’t much they could do to help me. Is there anyway possible to take this phone into apple and have them fix it. Even though i put the battery in myself. Please respond back. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Apple will not work on the phone with a 3rd party battery. If you still have the original, put it back in the phone and then Apple will replace it. Remember, the $29 battery replacement doesn’t cover the 5s, only iPhone 6 or newer. If you don’t have the original battery you’ll have to get ifixit to give you a replacement under warranty.

3. Jordan246 thread starter macrumors regular

Jordan246

Can i a
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2018 ---
    Can i at least take it into apple and and not even mention that it has a 3rd party battery

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

They will know as soon as they do a diagnostic check of the battery, they won’t even have to open the phone up.

5. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

Yep, the only exception they make for third party parts is for the screen. If anything else has been replaced you're SOL.