Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gio2369

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
I've tried just about every trick in the book to try to improve my battery life. I can no longer get my 5s to last longer than 7 hours usage. I've restored phone as new, tried not fetching email, taken off location services. Seems nothing has worked:confused:. At one point on my iphone 5 I used to get around 9 hours but that was on ios6. Not sure it could be the OS. Anyways just wondering if anybody has any tips that has worked. Thanks

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
There's so much you could check. You could be in a low signal area, causing your device extra strain to maintain a signal. Your brightness could be too high. You might have a bad battery. etc. Can you tell us all your settings?

gio2369

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
No games or nav. Lte although my phone is on wifi almost all day. Auto brightness on. Only have a few location services on. Background refresh only on for weather. I've taken that completely off as well with no changes to battery life...

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I've tried just about every trick in the book to try to improve my battery life. I can no longer get my 5s to last longer than 7 hours usage. I've restored phone as new, tried not fetching email, taken off location services. Seems nothing has worked:confused:. At one point on my iphone 5 I used to get around 9 hours but that was on ios6. Not sure it could be the OS. Anyways just wondering if anybody has any tips that has worked. Thanks

7 hrs of usage, and I mean real usage (not screen off like music listening) is a good result in iOS 7.
Systematically switching off all the new services is not a good solution for me: you are losing all the new features to spare just a few minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.