Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.heit76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Hello, I have recently dropped my iphone which caused the thin border responsible for holding the iphone screen in to crack, this causes the screen to stick out of the iphone. Is there any way of fixing this and what would the approximate price for fixing the phone be? Also I would like to know what is actually damaged, as i could not find any results when searching for damaged iphone border.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 23.03.44.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 23.03.44.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 23.03.37.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 23.03.37.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 87

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Hello, I have recently dropped my iphone which caused the thin border responsible for holding the iphone screen in to crack, this causes the screen to stick out of the iphone. Is there any way of fixing this and what would the approximate price for fixing the phone be? Also I would like to know what is actually damaged, as i could not find any results when searching for damaged iphone border.
Thank you

That is part of the display. Replacing the display assembly would fix those. However, if this is a 5s or SE you will need to have Apple replace the display IF you want to retain TouchID because the home button is not user replaceable or replaceable by a third party repair shop. If you don't care about TouchID then you can replace the display yourself or have an independent shop do the work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.