Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveMike11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Hi,

My wife dropped her iphone 5s on a concrete and broke the screen. I'm attaching the picture of the broken screen.

I need some suggestions on where to repair the screen. Also suggest me the repair costs of Apple vs third party. I don't have apple care or square warranty on this phone.

Appreciate your time. Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Dave

Attachments

• iPhone5s.JPG
    iPhone5s.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 2,823

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK
I'm sorry to hijack your thread OP I really am, but I've just dropped my iPhone 6 and the screen has cracked.

I do have AppleCare+ but there are simply no genius appointments available in the two Apple stores I can get to. If I walk in will they help me out or turn me away?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm sorry to hijack your thread OP I really am, but I've just dropped my iPhone 6 and the screen has cracked.

I do have AppleCare+ but there are simply no genius appointments available in the two Apple stores I can get to. If I walk in will they help me out or turn me away?

If I broke my phone with AC+ and they had no appointments I would be there that evening to get it replaced. Just because they are trying on watches does not mean they should not take care of the iPhone people!

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I broke the screen on my iPhone 6 on Monday night -- many more cracks than that, I might add. I scheduled an appointment online with the local Apple Store for Wednesday afternoon. My appointment was at 1 p.m., and by about 2:30 p.m. I had a phone that looked brand new. Cost $109 plus tax.

I think Apple's support website will list authorized repair places. But I wouldn't go anywhere not Apple-authorized to get it fixed. Everything but the 6 costs $129 to fix.

This page should give you all the info. https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

If I broke my phone with AC+ and they had no appointments I would be there that evening to get it replaced. Just because they are trying on watches does not mean they should not take care of the iPhone people!

They may ask you to make an appointment and come back. On the other hand, they may ask you to wait around to see if some one else doesn't show up for an appointment. Sometimes appointments don't take as long as they estimate so they can get people in between appointments.

I guess this will all depend on the store. Also, make sure you back up the phone before going in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.