Iphone 5s build quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phuctan139, Jan 28, 2014.

1. phuctan139 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just got the iphone for 6 days and today with my careless , it dropped and it make a indent near my power button :( so sick . When I have iphone 5 1 year ago , the same problem happend and now I got the 5s and said to myself that I will take care of it carefully but ... it is for 6 days :( So what do you advice , sell it and plus ~ 100$ to get a new one or keep using it?

2. allthatjazz macrumors regular

Your money, your decision. If you can't live with the dent then sell it.

3. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

Carelessness is a bad habit that's hard to get rid of. If you get a new phone it might probably happen again. Just slap on a case to cover up the sleep button.

4. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

5. 617aircav Suspended

Sell it and get a new one. Don't use a case, if it happens again, repeat the process. Also, what does your situation have to do with the build quality?

6. andycho7 macrumors member

...and make an indent.... jk I tease.

I agree with people above. If it's not serious I'd just put a case on it and just use it. If you seriously cannot live without that dent on the top, I guess it is your decision to either sell the phone and get another one or not.

I'm curious whether this question has anything to do with the build quality of the phone though... durability perhaps?

7. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

Just sell it and get a new one, it's what I would do. And it's been working fine for me over the years. As long as the indent is not to serious ofcourse.

8. phuctan139 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank everyone for reply, I just decided that I will put a case (Ozaki 0.3 solid case) on it and keep using it for a while. If I sell it and rebuy a new one it will cost me more 100$ do you think it's a waste and too expensive for 1 indent?Save 100$ for the next phone I think it's a good idea :p and even I get the new one who can ensure that it wont drop again, it's just a phone so we may use it like the phone I thought

BTW , it's a good phone even it droped from the height equal my chest ( guest about 1.5m) it just have an ident in rear under a power button, you can see in picture below
    [​IMG]

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

10. 617aircav Suspended

Phone is ugly. Sell it and buy a brand new one. You wont regret it.