Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mathewgx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2016
I purchaced an iphone 5s a month ago and I'm troubled about my camera working well.
Here are 2 pictures i taken at 20:00 (half an hour before sun going down , the second is HDR).

xQzjeOR.jpg

jKMSvPy.jpg

Do you think quality is good enough ?

mathewgx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2016
I just want to ask if they are ok or if my iphone 5s camera is not working well.
I think that brigtness is a little bit high , but i never had a iphone before to judge.

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
HDR lifts the shadows so it's working fine. Compared to today's standards, that camera wouldn't even be in the top 20 phone cameras so don't try to compare with anything that came out last year or this year!

mathewgx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2016
HDR lifts the shadows so it's working fine. Compared to today's standards, that camera wouldn't even be in the top 20 phone cameras so don't try to compare with anything that came out last year or this year!

I want to compare it with the iphone 5s standards. Just to know if my camera is broken or not.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I don't know jack about photography, but I don't see anything wrong with those photos. Certainly nothing to suggest that your camera is broken. What even made you think that?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
The pictures are underexposed because of the bright sky. You need to learn how to adjust exposure by tapping your finger on the screen. Just select a more neutral part of the image until the whites look white. It's always possible to brighten it up afterwards.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
My iPhone 6 photos look like shyt too, unless it's taken at the right time at the right moment. Wish I had the iPhone 6S camera MP.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Without a specific concern, no one can answer this for you.

The best way to test any camera is to take it out and shoot a wide variety of subjects, in a wide variety of lighting conditions and distances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.