iPhone 5S Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPad Retina, Dec 27, 2013.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

What's a good iPhone 5S case that you have please list price and pic if you can

2. AppleDavid macrumors regular

AppleDavid

You don't need a case!You can only feel the "real" iphone just without a case!

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I use the Apple leather case.

4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I use a black Speck Candy Shell and and love it!

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'v used this Sena Ultra Slim case on all my iPhones. It adds zero bulk, some minor drop protection, and allows me to use the phone naked...which I enjoy.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

It's cool but it leaves top edges uncovered in case of drops, and it scary me ...

7. cynics macrumors G3

How rough are you on phones is the question? Just need something light to prevent minor scratches or do you have a really active lifestyle and need better protection?

I do a lot of backpacking and other outdoors stuff so I'm partial to a lifeproof or otterbox case.

8. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I use the Otterbox Preserver Series and I kinda like it, awesome stuff.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'm not going to dispute your tastes, but a case like that on a sleek phone ... I don't like it at all.
    I can understand using it while trekking outdoor, but for everyday use ....

10. August West, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014

August West macrumors member

I have the Spigen Touch Armor case coming Monday (should have been here yesterday). It looks like it provides the protection I'm looking for in a pretty slim package. The frames are a hard plastic and can be replaced if/when they get scratched up or you want to change style. They come in a variety of colors. I think it is a nice looking case.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen-SGP104...qid=1388250046&sr=8-6&keywords=iphone+5s+case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okp2TmMhhxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSeqixcu6y0

11. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Well, if you missed it, check out the 10 page thread on the Caudabe Veil on here. I just received another two in the mail and am very pleased. As long as you're the type who is careful with phones, this is the case to beat.

12. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Yes, taste is something that's not debatable. I like having a case that gives me peace of mind for harsh weather conditions and falls, but on day to day use I don't mind having a bit of bulk.

Regarding the phone being sleek and having this case, I will be using the buttons and looking at the screen of the phone, not its design. That's just my way of looking at it ;)

13. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Nothing to say about that

14. Crushar macrumors newbie

I use the original Ronin G10 Stealth from Elementcase. I've used a ton of other cases (a lot of fake cases as well), but I started to dislike them after a while. That's why I decided to spend a little more cash on a case that I found very likeable... And I must say; it is the best I've ever had.

[​IMG]

Link to their product: here.

15. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Mine:

[​IMG]

And it's perfect combined with my iPad ...

[​IMG]

16. Apple3 macrumors newbie

Evutec Karbon SP (Sleek Protective) Series Snap Case for iPhone 5s/5.

Two-piece design, made from Kevlar® although not bulletproof. Not overkill like a Lifeproof but still provides great protection; much for than a snap-on while still being slim. Highly recommended

Price: $49.95

Pic:

Attached Files:

17. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I second the Incipio Frquency, that case has proven itself to me saving my phones from several drops inside and outside. Right now I have on this Spigen Neo Hybrid EX bumper and screen protector on the back and front which I might take off soon.

Attached Files:

18. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Very nice !
    It matches very well with your Gold iPhone 5S.
    I'd keep the back protection on, nevertheless. The phone may get scratched and it's a pity.

19. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

thanks! and yeah i like the back protector and applied it perfect, but the front has major air bubbles so I took it off just to get rid of the eyesore.

20. 24hrpizza macrumors member

21. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

As you've probably already realised (if you have indeed received your case), the Spigen Tough Armor cases are NOT aluminium or ANY kind of metal!!! It's a silicon inner part with a plastic outer part! I have this very case so I know 100% they are not metal!!!

22. August West macrumors member

Yeah, sorry about that. I went back and updated the post with the correct info about the frames.

23. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

We have that but the loose inner part went bad after a few weeks. My better half now uses the frost Caudabe Veil for her gold iphone. There's a photo of the case on a gold iphone here: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5-accessories/products/the-veil-frost

Looks very sharp, but that's just my opinion.